The Moderator of the PCANZ, Rt Rev. Rose Luxford, issued a message on 26 October which draws on Matthew 5:9, ‘Blessed are the peacemakers.’
I know that some of you have strong views on this war, and on the Israel-Palestine conflict. Today, both Israelis and Palestinians are living in fear, are injured, are mourning the loss of families and friends. I invite you to join me in prayer for:
- A ceasefire.
- Those killed, injured, and all who care for them.
- The release of hostages taken by Hamas.
- Safe humanitarian access into Gaza so that much needed aid can be provided.
- Those trapped and those who have had to leave their homes.
- Those risking their safety to help.
- For peace-keepers and peace-makers.
Rose also invites people to consider supporting the humanitarian appeals launched by CWS and others. Read her full message here.